GR Consumers Credit Union's (GRCCU) website is committed to safeguarding your information, and using it in an appropriate manner. We do not gather any personal information unless you submit that information through an on-line form, or by e-mail. In order to comply fully with Federal, State and NCUA regulations, GRCCU has prepared the following Privacy Statement, and will provide privacy disclosures and updates when required.
GRCCU is not responsible for the content of any third party website and/or external links, or the privacy practices of such third parties. When you choose to leave GRCCU's secured website to visit another website located on another server, you will be notified via a pop-up message, "Speed Bump", that you are leaving the credit union's website. GRCCU has incorporated this security measure for your awareness and personal protection. GRCCU does not endorse the service or policies of such third party websites. You should investigate the information practices of all websites and external links that you access and carefully examine the privacy policies, if any, of the websites appearing on or linking to or from our website. Information collected from the linked websites will be subject to the information practices of those websites.
E-mail sent by visitors, which include members or non-members, are transmitted via a secured server to GRCCU staff. GRCCU does not create or maintain personal profiles based on the information submitted.
Protecting Children's Privacy Online: The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) was passed by Congress in October 1998, with a requirement that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) issue and enforce rules concerning children's online privacy. The primary goal of the Act and the Rule is to place parents in control over what information is collected from their children online. The Rule was designed to be strong, yet flexible, to protect children while recognizing the dynamic nature of the Internet.
GRCCU is committed to protecting the privacy of children (and everyone) who visits our site.
The Credit Union is constantly concerned about our member’s critical information and privacy. With this in mind, we have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
1. Each server is behind a Firewall. This hardware product blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access.
2. Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to “hack” into information. Administrators are contacted when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
3. All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
4. All servers have mirrored drives and those drives are backed-up daily to protect the integrity of the member’s data.
5. We maintain multiple data center locations to allow for rapid disaster recovery in case of a catastrophic event.
6. All servers and networks go through extensive security audits periodically by an outside firm to insure the integrity of our network structure.